Effective Date: May 13, 2019
Table of Contents:
- SCOPE AND APPLICATION: What and who this Policy covers.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION: The sources of and methods by which we, our service providers and our advertisers collect information from and about you.
- NOTICE AND CHOICE: How we provide you with notice and choice regarding the collection and use of your information.
- USE AND DISCLOSURE: How we use the information we collect from and about you, and who we might share it with and why.
- SECURITY: How we protect your information from loss or misuse.
- USER ACCESS AND CONTROL: How you can access and control the information we maintain about you.
- DATA RETENTION: How and why we store your information.
- SENSITIVE INFORMATION: Description of information that is deemed sensitive.
- CONTACT US: How to contact us.
1. Scope and Application
2. Collection of Information
When you access and interact with the Services, Fox Sports Go ('we' or 'us') and our service providers may collect certain information about those visits. For example, in order to permit your connection to the Services, our servers may receive and record information about your computer, device and browser, including your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data (including your precise location), or other transactional information for that device in order to provide the Services to it.
Information Collected from Other Sources. To improve the quality of the Services, we and our service providers may supplement the information we collect via the Services with information from other sources, such as information that is publicly or commercially available and information from affiliates or business partners.
Tracking Technologies. Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies, pixels, beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies), which are comprised of small bits of data may also be used. Websites, apps, and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer or other device so the website, app or other service can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that website, app or other service.
- We and Our Service Providers. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information about your usage of the Services, such as pages you have visited, the videos and other content you have viewed, search queries you have run and advertisements you have seen. Cookies may also be used by us or by our service providers to collect and store information on your use of other companies' websites or services, such as sites you visit and materials you view. We may merge this data with other data we collect about you from third parties to assist us in our ability to provide the Services, including, without limitation, to advertise and provide content to you. Our work in this respect is compliant with the Digital Advertising Alliance's Principles for the Self-Regulation of Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more, visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Third Parties. Third parties that support the Services by, for example, serving advertisements may also use these technologies to collect similar information when you use the Services or third party services. These third parties may also use these technologies, along with activity information they collect, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile device and a laptop or other computer. We do not control these third party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of the third parties using such technologies. For more information about third party ad networks and similar entities that use these technologies, including your choices with respect to them, see the section entitled 'To deliver relevant advertisements,' below.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the 'Help' section of your browser for more information. You can manage the use of Flash technologies with the Flash management tools available on Adobe's website. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features, content or personalization available through the Services.
Nielsen. The Services that enable you to view video content may feature Nielsen's proprietary measurement software, which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen's TV Ratings. The information is collected directly by Nielsen's software within the applicable Service. We make no representation or warranty to you regarding the Nielsen software. To learn more about Nielsen's digital measurement products and your choices in regard to them, please visit www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy. If you do not wish to participate in Nielsen's digital measurement research, please visit http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy#choice to learn more about your choices and how to opt-out.
Do Not Track. At this time we do not respond to browser 'Do Not Track' signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
3. Notice and Choice
4. Use and Disclosure
We use the personal information and other information we collect from and about you for the following purposes:
- To provide and manage the Services. We use the information we collect from and about you to provide the Services and features to you, including to measure and improve those Services and features; to improve and personalize your experience with the Services by delivering relevant content, advertising and marketing messages; to allow you to participate in online games, contests, or rewards programs; to provide you with customer support; and to respond to inquiries. In order to provide you with content and advertising that is more interesting and relevant to you, we may use the information from and about you to make inferences and predictions about your potential areas of interest. We may also use aggregate or anonymous data about your use of and activity on the Services to assist us in this regard.
- To allow service providers to assist us in providing and managing the Services. We may make the information we collect from and about you available to certain third party service providers, such as contractors, analytics and other measurement companies, agents or sponsors, who help us analyze and understand your use of the Services, and manage and/or provide the Services.
- To deliver video content. In the ordinary course of our business, we may share information that we collect from or about you with third parties in order to process your requests for video content offered through the Services. For example, we may need to share information about you with your designated television content provider and/or our third party service providers in order to authenticate and/or authorize you to view authenticated and/or localized video content through the Services.
- To contact you. We may periodically send promotional materials (e.g., newsletters) or notifications related to the Services. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials from us, follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. There are certain service notification emails that you may not opt-out of, such as notifications of changes to the Services or policies. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
- Installed App Information: FSGO uploads users information to 3rd party vendors for use of analytics and improved app experience.
- To complete a merger or sale of assets. If we sell all or part of our business or make a sale or transfer of our assets or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business (including, without limitation, in connection with bankruptcy or a similar proceeding), we may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
- Aggregate or De-identified Information. When the information collected from or about you does not identify you as a specific person, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of such measures.
6. User Access and Control
If applicable, you may request that we not share your personal information on a going-forward basis with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes by sending an email to email@example.com, with 'Disclosure Opt-out' in the subject line and your full name, email address, postal address and specific Fox Sports Go service you have subscribed to in the body of the email. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
7. Data Retention
8. Sensitive Information
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise.
9. Contact Us